That brings us to today, every Wednesday and Sunday night, you can find me on the campus of SLU working with the women. The role as chapter advisor keeps me very busy and I feel like I have so much to learn as an advisor, but I love working with the women they are so full of life and energy (oh to be a 20 year old again!).
Aren't they just so cute?!?
These pictures are from their first night of recruitment, which was a whole new learning experience for me. Since the girls don't have a house on campus, they hold their parties in various rooms across campus, it takes so much work and coordination, but they did great!
I always tell the girls that I always thought a sorority would just be a college thing, that I never intended to become a chapter advisor or even active in an alumnae group. That's the funny thing about life, you never know how it's going to turn out. Working with these women also gives me a completely new view of my sorority advisor in college, who was AWESOME (and still is). To paraphrase some of her words from convention, which I feel sum up my feelings: "I had a kick a** college experience, and Gamma Phi Beta was one of the main reasons why. It took the shy girl in the corner and gave her some great friendships and great leadership opportunities." I couldn't have said it better myself. While their chapter is completely different from mine, I'm passionate about giving the girls at SLU a similar college and Gamma Phi experience. I love the Crescent Moon!
2 comments:
I love working with collegiates. It is the BEST.
That's awesome, Jody! They are so lucky to have you!!!
Post a Comment