Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We've gotten lots of use out of Leah's $5 cat costume from Target.  We started Halloween off last Thursday at the library with story time and Halloween Hoopla.  
 I originally had plans to make a tutu to go along with the costume, but once I got the ears and nose on her, I decided it was cute enough and didn't need a tutu.  
 Halloween Hoopla included a story, games, songs and treats.  

 Thursday night we headed to a nearby town for trick-or-treating in their downtown.  I was interested to see how Leah would do with trick-or-treating, but I think it was a little too crowded for her to get the full effect.  

 Over the weekend, we headed to Tim's parents for the day and took the cat costume along with us so the grandparents could see the cute kitty.  
 
 
 Today Leah wore her costume to story time at Barnes and Noble and then again tonight for trick-or-treating.  I'd say we got our money's worth out of the costume!



Yadi and a Kitty Cat
Trick-or-treating tonight was a little cold and Leah ended up wearing her heavy coat the entire time, next year I might have to think up a costume that would work better in cold weather.  

No comments: