It ended up being cloudy/ foggy, but it didn't dampen the beauty of Lady Liberty any. :)
After walking around the Statue of Liberty, we headed to Ellis Island. There isn't much to see here that is photo worthy. It's a lot of history. It was amazing to me to read all the stories and think about all the people that spent time in this same room. I can only imagine the courage and dedication it took to make the trip to America and wait at Ellis Island to learn whether or not you'd be admitted to the United States. We didn't spend as much time here as we maybe should have, but we had more walking to do.
After getting off the fairy from Ellis Island, we headed to see Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange.
For lunch, we wanted to try some Brooklyn pizza (I'm guessing it's called New York Style?). The original place we wanted to go had a long line, so we settled for this place. It was so good and I've found myself craving it several times since. We also stopped for some ice cream across the street before walking the Brooklyn Bridge. I really liked this area of Brooklyn, it's supposedly the new hip place to live and I can see why.
After lunch and ice cream, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. I preferred the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge as opposed to biking the Golden Gate Bridge. I loved this walk, I'm not sure what I liked so much about it, but it was just so neat.
We ended our Saturday with Wicked on Broadway. It was my first time seeing Wicked and I loved it! It's coming to St. Louis in December/ January and I'm hoping to see it again!
I can also cross, "See a Live Theater Production" off my list!
No comments:
Post a Comment