I'm all about starting things fresh on Monday mornings. It's even better for me when the Monday happens at the beginning of the month. It's something about a Monday morning that is a fresh start to the week and things that happened last week are in the past. Plus, this usually gives me the weekend to plan best how to accomplish the goal and motivate myself to begin.
Today happens to be the 1st of October, so it seemed like the perfect day to start potty training Leah. It also works out that I don't have any sub jobs scheduled and our schedule is pretty free for the week, so we're beginning and saying good-bye diapers!
I haven't done a ton of research on the subject, but I'm planning on heading to Target and picking out some big girl underwear, a toy, and some pull-ups and just putting her in the underwear and seeing where it goes from there. Right now she's been doing a good job of actually going on the potty (I'm thinking thanks to our babysitter), she just doesn't tell me when she needs to go, hopefully she'll pick up quick.
We've got 18 days until she turns two, any bets on whether or not she'll be a potty trained 2-year-old?
Wish us luck!
1 comment:
I do wish you luck! And I can't wait till you figure it all out and can then talk us all through it! I need your kid-tested, mother-approved methods! Her smile is so, so sweet, even sitting on the potty! :)
Post a Comment