While we were there we were able to hit up a KSU football game and enjoy the Siefers' family Seafood Feast/ End of Summer party.
Before Tim and I headed to the KSU game and since we were all in our purple, we tried for a few family pictures.
Between Leah not wanting to look at the camera and the bright sun, they didn't turn out too well, better luck next time.
While Tim and I were at the game, Leah got to spend some time with her cousin, Emily. I love this picture of the two of them holding hands, so sweet!
We had a great time in Manhattan, and I sure do miss that town! There's just something about it that feels like going home. What I wouldn't do to be able to move back, maybe someday. On Sunday, some of the Siefers clan came to my mom and dad's house for the Siefers' Seafood Fest. While this was our first year to partake in the seafood fest, it's been an annual thing for a couple of years now. Everyone was in charge of bringing their favorite seafood item, we had lots of shrimp, crab legs, crab, and ribs. (Someone forgot to tell my mom ribs aren't a seafood item) I passed on bringing my favorite seafood item and opted to make cupcakes instead. I made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes (from pinterest and here) and they were delicious, I'm trying to find another event to justify making them again.
While the adults cooked, ate, and chatted, the kids played on the new playpark, the bounce house, and in the sand pile.
The hot summer day turned into a beautiful evening with lots of playing and chatting, just what a family get-together is supposed to be.
We're looking forward the the next Seafood Fest and visit to Kansas!
No comments:
Post a Comment