We're leaving today,
I want to see it all, New York, New York...*
It's been so long since our New York trip, I hardly remember what to write. I won't bore you with a ton of pictures or commentary, and try to include some of the highlights.
We were originally supposed to leave on Thursday, but due to a round of cancelled flights**, we ended up leaving early Friday morning.
Once we arrived in NYC on Friday, we headed to our hotel in Times Square to freshen up and then headed out to explore the city. Most of our vacations involve A LOT of walking and this vacation was no exception.
The view from our hotel window. I loved all the taxis in this picture.
Times Square
While we didn't necessarily mind staying in Times Square, Tim and I both agreed we'd stay some place different next time. It was a little overwhelming walking right outside the hotel door to all those people, not to mention, it seemed like daytime in our room all the time because of all the lights from Times Square.
We also wondered around in the largest Macy's in the world.
We stopped for a quick view of Rockefeller Center
After a brief viewing of the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics, we headed to the Empire State Building.
I loved the views from the city up there and I loved how quiet is was.
I love New York City at night time. I took a ton of pictures on the Empire State Building and also a bunch on our nighttime cruise, more to come later.
* Anyone guess the artist of the song? The only reason I know that is because we performed it as part of our sorority recruitment one year, not because I'm a Sinatra fan.
**I did find it a little ironic that during the summer of one of the worst droughts in St. Louis history, the one thing that prevented us from leaving on our vacation on time was rain/ thunderstorms.
No comments:
Post a Comment