Saturday, November 5, 2011

#11 in 2011

*Warning Picture Overload! 

One of the things that made our last month so busy was postseason baseball.  I'm not sure if it was the unexpectedness of it or the close/ exciting games that made it so busy, but October sure exhausted me!  We had the opportunity to attend several postseason games and were even lucky enough to attend game 7 of the World Series. 

 This view never gets old.
Our tickets for game 7 were standing room only, so we stood in the upper deck, which turned out to be great because we had a good view of the field. We tried to get the same standing spot we had for the All Star game, but we didn't get there in time and had to settle for the first base side instead of behind home plate.  I have no complaints about our "seats", I purchased our game 7 tickets from the Cardinals website for $50 and standing room tickets were going for about $300 on other on-line sites.  Between our $50 tickets and our free sodas, game 7 was relatively cheap for us!
 I figured I better get a picture of Albert, with all the "This could be his last at bat in Busch Stadium in a Cardinal uniform" talk.
*For the record, this was not his last at-bat, just one of his at-bats in game 7. 
 The temperature of the game was in the mid 40s, so it was a little cold, but after about the 6th inning, I didn't seem to notice. 

 Just after the last out, I love the celebrating!  I took a couple of other pictures where you can see the players all coming together, but I figured I was already posting enough pictures, so I didn't include them. 





 The World Series Trophy Presentation.
  
  
One of my favorite things about the World Series is seeing the players with their families after the game, it's so cute to see the kids celebrating with their dads.  
This is Skip and his son and Chris Carpenter and his kids. 
 This was the best I could do to get Tim and the World Series Champions sign in the picture, I couldn't get them both to focus. 
 Sally and Dan had tickets in the outfield.
 Tim and Sally
Tim and I

In case you haven't seen enough Cardinals pictures, here are a few more pictures from the Phillies Series that I wanted to share.
 Did I tell you this view never gets old?

 I know this isn't a great picture, but I figured it was fitting regarding Tony's recent retirement announcement.
 Budweiser Clydesdales 
 I was playing with the shutter speed on my camera and took this picture.  I used a technique called "panning" where you use a slow shutter speed and move the camera with the same speed as the moving object.  Not the best picture, but I still think it turned out neat. 

A better picture of Albert.

My October posts still aren't over, I've still got posts to do on Leah's birthday party, our whirlwind KSU/ OU trip, and the Cardinals Parade, so stay tuned! 

No comments: