I ended up working on her actual birthday, so we didn't get to do her presents in the morning like I would have liked to, but we did celebrate with a candle and a pumpkin muffin (a favorite).
We wanted to save Leah's actual birthday present for her birthday, so I decided to give her a "birthday basket" with a few items and a balloon. I gave her one balloon for her first birthday and I'm hoping to make it a tradition to give a balloon for each year on her birthday. Her birthday basket was filled with practical gifts, socks, a new fork and spoon, a book, etc. (real exciting stuff!)
Leah loved "reading" all her cards
Her actual first birthday was pretty low-key. Tim went to the World Series game, so Leah and I just hung out and enjoyed reading her cards and playing with her birthday basket. I have to thank the Cardinals for waiting until 2011 to make their postseason run. I'm thinking had the Cardinals make the World Series last year, I might have been in the delivery room by myself, I'm so glad Tim missed Leah's first birthday evening and not her actual Birth-day.
No comments:
Post a Comment