It must be something about the World Series Parades that make us do crazy things. When the Cardinals won the World Series in 2006, Tim and I were living in Gardner and drove from Gardner to St. Louis just for the parade and celebration and I thought that was a crazy day. Since we now live in the St. Louis area, you'd think we would be able to make the celebration with no problems, no chance!
After attending game seven on Friday night, we awoke at 4:45 the next morning and headed to Kansas with Tim's parents to watch the Wildcats take on the Sooners (we're true fans!). After traveling 6 hours to Manhattan to watch the KSU/ OU game and staying at my parents house Saturday night, we hit the road again at 8 am Sunday morning with the hopes that we'd make it to St. Louis in time for the 4:00 parade start. With a little (or a lot) of help from Sally, Dan, and Trent, we had a great viewing spot for the parade.
I took lots of pictures, but I figure most of you wouldn't care to see all of them, so I'll just share a few and spare you a picture overload. We ended up having great seats for the parade and at the beginning I was a little worried because we were next to a somewhat obnoxious fan who yelled comments at every player, but he turned out to be really funny and made all of the players look in our direction, so it turned out okay.
The parade started the way all great things in St. Louis start, with the Clydesdales with Tony LaRussa at the helm.
The World Series Trophy
One of Tim's favorites, Chris Carpenter and his family
Skip
The Pujols Family
The Sea of Red
Look at all those people!
After the parade, we headed to Busch Stadium for a celebration.
Leah found herself a nice spot to watch.
I didn't quite think this would be the last time we'd hear Tony speak, but what a way to go out!
No comments:
Post a Comment