Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All Star Game Continued

We took almost 400 pictures from the All Star Game and I thought I would share a few more of my favorites.
This giant baseball was in Keiner plaza for the week.
Because our seats were standing room only, we had to be in the stadium when the gates opened to claim our "seats"/ standing area. Luckily Tim and Dan did some planning ahead of time and knew exactly where they wanted to be and we ended up having great standing seats, right behind home plate.
The gates opened at 4:00 on the day of the Home Run Derby, and the actual Derby wasn't until 7:00, so what do you do at Busch Stadium for 3 hours? Take lots of pictures, you even take pictures with random mascots.
Seeing as how we do live in Kansas City, I figured I should take a picture of the Royals lone All-Star, Zack Greinke.
David Cook performed before the Home Run Derby. I was a little confused by his performance, he didn't sing the National Anthem, and they set up his stage for only 2 songs, not quite sure I understand the point of having him sing. Isn't this a baseball game, not a concert?
This was the outfield on the night of the Home Run Derby. People were packed into the outfield and even on the street outside the stadium trying to catch a homerun ball. Usually you can walk around the entire stadium, but it looks like it would have been a little tricky on that night. I was thankful I wasn't in that mess of people.
This was the security for the All-Star Game. They also had dogs at the gate to check all of the media's equipment.
These were the free give-away for the game. However, since we didn't have a seat, we didn't get a seat cushion. I sure could have used the seat cushion for my feet!
Here is Albert being interviewed my Bob Costas. I'm sure Albert was exhausted from all of the interviews he had to do, let alone play a game.
Tim and I before the game
Security for the President
Presidential Suite
Obama only stayed until the 3rd or 4th inning, but he sure did have good seats.
Budweiser Clydesdales
I loved the Arch and Old Courthouse cut into the grass. I'd love to know how they did that.
The pre-game show was awesome. The theme of the show was "Going Beyond". They introduced 30 ordinary people (one from each major league city) who have made a difference in their community. They also showed a video clip of all of the former presidents talking about the importance of volunteering.
It doesn't get any more American that this. It's one of my favorite pictures.
The pregame also included a stealth bomber fly-over. KPMG got some good advertising.
Stan "The Man" Musial brought out the first pitch.
President Obama throwing out the first pitch.
Albert Pujols and President Obama
I did take a few pictures of the game, but since I've already included 20 pictures in this post, I'll stop now.

No comments: