Friday, July 10, 2009
Summer Tote
Due to volleyball camp this week, my sewing and crafting time was drastically reduced. However, I did manage to finish this bag I've been wanting to make. I found the pattern on-line here and it gave great, easy directions, so I decided to give it a try.
The original pattern used two tea towels, but I found these cute napkins at Target and decided to try it with them. These are the ones I used for the pockets. I forgot to take pictures of the red and blue ones I used.
Here is the finished product. I'm not sure yet what I'll use the bag for, but I thought it would be great for summer. I'm also still deciding on some sort of fastener to close the bag, I'm thinking maybe a button.
Here is the inside of the bag. The original pattern didn't call for pockets, but I thought I'd get more use out of the bag it if had pockets, so I added some. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with the finished product, I wish it were not quite so long, but I'll know for next time how much material to use. I'm already thinking of ideas for another one.
In the meantime, here is my next project. My mom's friend made a quilt and had all of this fabric left over, so she gave it to me for my next quilt. Thanks Gayle for helping me get started on my next project! I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jody - that bag is awesome. You might be a late starter, but you picked it up fast and you do a good job.
Love, Robyn
My birthday is in a week. I will expect a quilt from you.
Mary Kay
Wow Jody...you make your Mom proud!
Post a Comment