Gamma Phi Beta's International Philanthropy is "Building Strong Girls" and one of our partners is Girls on the Run. One of the things the St. Louis women (both the collegians and the alumnae) do to support GOTR is to host a cheer station for the girls along the 5k race. It is so neat and inspirational to see all the girls run by with their support systems (coaches, moms, dads, siblings, etc), the softie in me teared up several times during the race. I could go on and on about Girls on the Run and how it fits with so many of my passions: teaching, running, building confidence in young girls, Gamma Phi, but I won't, I'll just tell you, if you ever have a chance to attend a Girls on the Run 5k event do it, I promise you won't regret it!
If you couldn't tell, the theme of our cheer station was Pink!
No comments:
Post a Comment