Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cookies

One of my goals this summer is to do more fun things with Leah.  I'm trying to follow a schedule I found on Pinterest, more on that later.  One of the days is What's Cooking Wednesday, so I decided we'd try out a recipe I found on Pinterest (even though it's Thursday).  I'm not even sure I'd call this a recipe, it's mainly sugar cookie dough rolled in sprinkles, could not be easier.  I figured it'd be the prefect recipe to do with Leah.
I apologize in advance for the enormous amount of pictures, I just couldn't help myself!
 Leah and I got matching aprons from my mom for Mother's Day.  I tried to get a picture of us both in the but it didn't workout, we'll have to try again when Tim's home. 
 Leah's job was rolling the cookie dough in the sprinkles and she kept telling me "mo, mo".  I was too busy taking pictures and I guess I didn't keep up with her rolling. 






 Cheese!


 Towards the end she decided to taste some sprinkles. 

 And then she decided to taste a cookie. 

 Don't worry she didn't eat too much, but I did have to pry it out of her hand. 
 Helping me clean up, she's very into using a rag to clean things. 
 Watching the cookies bake. 

  The best part, eating one! 

I'm definitely adding this to our list of things to do again, it's easy enough for a toddler to do and the product is good.  Who doesn't love sugar cookies and sprinkles just make everything better.  I'll be cleaning up sprinkles in the kitchen for weeks, but it was worth it! 

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Looks quite tasty! Good job, Leah

Debbie said...

The next Food Network Star in the making! Grandma Debbie is so proud!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her looking into the oven!!! Cute!
Stacia

Leslie said...

Oh, I'm stealing yet another idea from you!! Lainey is going to love this! :)