Thursday, September 22, 2011

H is for Hives

Leah has had another hive outbreak.  While we've had a few other small outbreaks of hives since this time, they usually come and go pretty quickly, this time they've hung around for a little longer.  I think or thought I had it narrowed down to a milk/ milk protein allergy, but this time I'm not sure what is causing the hives and it's pretty frustrating!  My two main suspects for this outbreak are Gerber's Chicken Noodle dinner and some Wal-Mart brand puffs, neither of which list milk or milk products as an ingredient, so who knows! 
Last time she had an outbreak we went to see an allergist, which turned out to be a big waste of time.  They drew blood and the results came back that she's not allergic to anything,  (really?!?) but it turns out allergy tests before the age of 12 or 18 months aren't very accurate, so they suggested we come back when Leah turns one.  Up to this point, I was all ready to skip the allergist appointment when she turns one but now I'm not so sure.    I've been looking forward to her turning one to be able to feed her more table food and start her on milk, but looks like those plans might have to wait. 
I tried to get some pictures tonight, so here they are.  The hives are usually just on her arms and legs, but this time they're on her face too.  You can see they don't seem to affect her too much!






4 comments:

Jim said...

wow! That is an outbreak for sure. Maybe every time the Cardinals blow a save she breaks out? Anyways, those are sure good pictures, Jody. I'm liking your new camera

Debbie said...

Great pictures Jody! She is a cutie even with hives!

Robyn said...

Sure hope the break outs don't have anything to do with Mawmaw's visits. Good pictures.

Mary Kay said...

Oh sweet Leah, apparently you are allergic to the Cardinals.