Two weeks ago we started giving Leah 1/2 and 1/2 bottles (1/2 formula, 1/2 bm). I decided that it would ease my stress and worry level and allow her to get used to formula. She had had about 3 or 4 bottles total, while it took her a little while to get used to the taste and idea she was taking them fine, so I thought we were good. Then Sunday before our weekly grocery store run I gave her one and this was the result:
She broke out in hives ALL OVER her body. She never really cried like she was in any pain or it really bothered her, she just kept itching her face and eyes. I'm pretty sure I cried more tears over the ordeal than she did. Once we got home I made a call to do Dr.'s office and they recommended giving her benadryl and watching her during the night. Her Dr. also suggested we give her soy formula next time. Needless to say, we've taken a break from the formula and rice cereal and are sticking with what works for now. I'm also hoping this doesn't mean that she'll have food allergies down the road, guess we'll wait and see.
2 comments:
Oh Jody. Hang in there. Hugs to you.
Oh no! You poor thing! She looks like she handled it like a trooper...much tougher for you than her just like you said. Keep us updated on what you find out!
Post a Comment