Today is the day... If I were still working, today would be my first day back at work and Leah's first day of daycare. I have mixed emotions about this, I miss my co-workers and my job like crazy, but I know if I were working I'd miss Leah like crazy. I loved my job (most days) and miss it, but I'm trying to look at the positive things.
Here are several things I'm enjoying right now:
- Not waking up to an alarm, mine sounds much nicer these days!
- Wearing sweats or whatever I want all day
- Being able to plan my own schedule (with the help of Leah :)
- Not having to wonder what Leah is doing all day
- Spending time with Leah is reason enough!
I think I'm ready to return to the working world in some fashion, I'm getting a little bored at home. Leah and I need to find some things to keep us busy, but for now, I'm trying to just enjoy my time with Leah knowing I'll miss it when the day comes that I do have to return to work.
I'll leave you with a few pictures of Leah, I guess you could call her my new boss.
4 comments:
I lasted about 6 months full time at home mom. I lost my mind around then and Andy insisted I get a job. Look for a Sylvan Learning Center in your area. It is very part time but was just enough to keep me sane!
Love that last picture of Leah. She's a sweetheart! I hope you can find a balance soon between what's good for Leah and what's good for Jody. It's hard. I know I took for granted the social outlet that my office provided me before we moved. Working from home has its perks, but I definitely miss feeling connected to others on a daily basis! Hang in there and soak up your time with Leah while you can. Each day will get a little easier.
Your boss is adorable, Jody! I definitely understand the boredom. However, I will say that I don't have time to be bored now that Lainey is older. I remember thinking "What the heck am I gonna do with this kid all day?" when Lainey was a tiny baby. I don't think that anymore! I do miss teaching but I mostly miss adult conversation! Enjoy your time at home with your little one. She is a DOLL!
I'm so excited you get to stay at home. The first months are hard to adjust, but as Leah get older, you can take her to activities. Library storytime, PAT playgroups, park, bible studies...it's awesome! We even walk around Lowe's because they have a fun shopping cart for kids!
Post a Comment