Thursday, June 27, 2013

St. Louis Botanical Garden

One of the places on our St. Louis To-Do list, from 2011, was the Botanical Gardens.  I have to admit, I wasn't very excited about going to the Botanical Gardens and I didn't have huge expectations for it.  Plus, I wasn't sure there would be very much for Leah to do, but I was wrong.  I loved the place.  We ended up going on a Sunday morning before the summer heat set in, so it was a really nice morning.
 They have several different areas of flowers

 This is their Climatron, which is a simulated rain forest inside.  It was neat to see all the different plants that grow there. 

 The Climatron also had several waterfalls in it. 
 Leah wasn't impressed with the Botanical gardens at this point.  Poor thing, it'd been a long week and weekend, but she did great.  This also turned out to be perfect practice for our San Diego trip. 
 I figured since we were at the Botanical Gardens that I needed a few pictures of flowers. 
 What I didn't expect at the Botanical Gardens was their great play area for kids.  I was more impressed with this area than anything else. 
They had several treehouse like places to play and climb, and two different ropes to walk across.  We stuck mainly to the stuff outside, but there was also an entire activity center inside too. 

I couldn't believe Leah would walk across the entire rope by herself, but she did.  

 The park itself was huge, we didn't even make it to see everything.  This was part of the Japanese Garden. 
They also had a neat little maze you could walk through. 


 Overall, I was very impressed with the Botanical Gardens, and I've put it on our summer to-do list to make a trip back.  I'm also itching to take some visitors there, anyone interested??  Here is the garden website if anyone wants to check it out. 


2 comments:

Debbie said...

I of course will be anxious to go!

Becky said...

I love the Botantical Garden!! Of course, I haven't been to the kids part since that must be new. You have to go in the winter when they have the orchid show! Glad you all had fun.