Thursday, November 1, 2012

Up Next...

Since my 31 posts in 31 days is over, my planning for Leah's birthday party is over, my half marathon training is over and I've had a little bit of time to relax, I'm trying to decided what to do with my free time.  I always work best when I have something to look forward to and something to plan for, with that in mind, I've decided on three things for the month of November.  

1. Read more-  I decided that I should use the time I was spending on running to read more.  Although I like to read, I just don't make time for it, so my goal for November is to make more time to read.  Bossypants by Tina Fey is my first selection.  While I'm not a huge Tina Fey fan, after wandering the aisles of the library with an anxious Leah, this one popped out at me and I took it.  I also remembered seeing it on a couple of recommended book posts (here and here) and thought it can't be too bad.  I'm about 100 pages in and it's hilarious, like laugh out loud funny.  Anyone have any recommendations for my next book?

2.  No Soda- I've labeled November "No Soda November".  I've posted about doing this before back in 2009, but I'm going for it again.  I've also posted about my love for starting new things on Mondays or the 1st of the month, so starting November 1st, I'm officially off soda.  I stopped drinking it last spring for almost two weeks and I noticed a difference in the way I felt, I'm looking forward to that feeling again.  

3. 30 Day Photo Challenge- This one seemed fitting too because the teacher in me loves having something to follow or plan for each day.  The wanna-be photographer in me loved it too because it will give me a reason to take pictures each day.  I might share some of my pictures on here, but I'm more likely to share them on instagram, so if you want to follow along, feel free to follow me on instragram: jodylynnmcc.  



1 comment:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

I obviously have loads of books you should read. I hear Gone Girl is good (that's what we're reading this month!). AND love the photo challenge!