Thursday, August 11, 2011

She's a Peach

The same farm where Leah and I went strawberry picking was having another mom and kid special for peaches on Tuesday and since the weather wasn't blazing hot, Leah and I decided to take advantage.  The peaches weren't quite ready, so I didn't end up picking very many, but it was something nice to get us out of the house.
 
There were plenty of peaches, they just weren't quite ready yet.  One of the workers said they needed 2-3 more days before they'd be really ready to pick.
One of the sweet older gentlemen workers commented that Leah was "A peach with a peach".

 Fresh picked peaches
 
I wasn't quite sure what to do with the peaches and Tim said the only way he'd eat them was in a pie.  I couldn't let the peaches go to waste, so I made a peach pie. Here is it before baking.  I think the last pie crust I made was at my pie making lesson with Tina and I think I needed a refresher. 


Peach pie a la mode
Tim said this pie was good, but not quite as good as my strawberry pie, I'll keep working.

No comments: