Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's That Time of Year Again...

Strawberry picking time!  You may remember this post about my first strawberry picking adventure.  This year I've been to pick strawberries twice!  A couple of weeks ago one of the mom's groups I follow had a special at a local farm.  When an adult picked $10 worth of strawberries the kid got a pint free.  Leah wasn't exactly old enough to pick her own, but I'd been looking for reason to pick strawberries and we took advantage of the deal.  Then a week later we were at Tim's parents for the weekend and went to pick more strawberries at a local berry patch, nothing's better than fresh strawberries.



 I didn't really know what to expect at the first berry farm and I was a little worried when I got there because I was by myself and I wasn't sure how I was going to entertain Leah and pick strawberries at the same time, but Leah sat on the ground on my jacket and played with the straw while I picked.  Had I known what to expect I would have taken the stroller or something else to sit on, but it worked out fine. 

 
I didn't do much with the first round of strawberries, I made a strawberry pie and several strawberry milkshakes with the second round.  Tim said this pie might have been the best thing I've ever made (that's not saying much), I will say it was pretty good!

No comments: