Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Sign of Things to Come or Just a Phase...

I'm hoping these last few days are just a phase Leah is going through and not a sign of things to come.  This latest little "phase" has to do with Leah's napping schedule.  Up until last Friday my sweet baby was taking 3 naps a day.  While I sometimes cursed these 3 naps because it was rather hard to get out and do things without interrupting nap time, I also loved the predictability of the naps and how easy it was to get her down.  For the past two days, Leah has only taken 1 nap!  While today's nap was almost 2 1/2 hours, my baby who normally not used to be able to be awake more than 2 hours is now staying awake almost 5 hours.  I'm okay with her cutting out her third nap, but I'm not sure I'm ready for her to go from three naps to one!  I'm hoping this is just a result of her learning to crawl and that we can get back on a normal nap time routine soon!

Here is a video of one another one of her recent phases, crawling, this one is much more fun and can stay around awhile!
 I love these next pictures because of her facial expressions, she's trying so hard to get the remote.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jody,
Hang in there! My girls both went through weird phases like that, but my best advice is to stay consistent and she will get back on track! Also, you are the Mama, and you know best...if you think she is tired and needs a nap, then keep trying to get her to take one. Eventually she'll figure it out and get back on schedule. You're doing a great job! She's a lucky little girl.
Stacia