Last Friday one of our neighboring towns held a balloon festival. I've always loved hot air balloons and since we didn't have much else going on on Friday night we decided to go. I've never really been that close to a hot air balloon or watched them take off, so I was amazed. We got their in time for the race and planned to stay for the "glow", but we forgot our bug spray and decided to leave at the beginning of the glow before we were eaten alive, plus we had a little bit of a drive home.
We were so close, they literally took off right over our heads, so cool!
I liked the "themed" balloons, there was this Pepsi can, a Humpty Dumpty Balloon and a sea creatures balloon.
I wasn't so sure about the Jayhawk balloon, but figured I needed a picture. Next year I'm hoping for a Willie balloon!
Leah loved looking at all the balloons.
1 comment:
I LOVE the Jayhawk balloon:). What a neat thing for Leah to experience (not necessarily the KU balloon, but the balloon festival!).
Post a Comment