Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wanted...

1 Baby Holder
Job includes but is not limited to, holding and entertaining a 12 week old baby, may include walking around while bouncing said baby. Breaks are few and limited.
The Boss:


I've tried everything,
The bouncy seat

The swing
The play mat

I keep telling myself this is just a phase that won't last long, and someday I'll be wishing she wanted me to hold her, but man I'm getting nothing done and it's exhausting!
Meanwhile, my kitchen looks like this:
The job does include some perks, which include sweet smiles.




6 comments:

Debbie said...

I would apply for that job in a minute....and I really think I am highly qualified!!!! Grandma Debbie

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

Oh no!!!! Not the baby that wants to be held all the time. It would not be so bad if they would let you sit in a chair but they want you to be walking around all the time....exhausting. Both Garrett & Sam were that way. You learn to do lots of things with one hand while a baby is riding your hip. Sometimes with Garrett I could set the car seat or bouncy seat up on the kitchen counter while I was cooking or doing stuff in the kitchen. We always lovingly referred to them as "high altitude" babies. I could stand with them or walk around but as soon as your rear end hit the chair they would start crying. Good luck.

Robyn said...

I'm applying for either position. Baby holder or kitchen cleaner. Weather permitting I'm pretty available. Just call and let me know when.
Mawmaw

Leslie said...

Jody, I SO feel your pain. Lainey was the exact same way. I couldn't even get her to nap unless she was in my arms for the longest time. Looking back, I'm amazed that I was able to sneak a shower in on most days. It WILL get better! Just enjoy your little sweetie and try to let things go. Look into a sling or baby carrier so at least you can get some work done while using two hands. Two glorious hands! Hang in there, girl! You sure have one little cutie!!

Mary Kay said...

Jody, I love you. Aunt Mary Kay

Jenny said...

Do you have a sling? I got a lot done with my baby sleeping in the sling. They are close to your body so they think you are holding them but you have both hands free! Go to Target and buy a HotSling if you don't have one. Call me if you need help figuring it out! 785-537-7381