Tuesday, May 5, 2009

#21 In progress...

I've decided that this is my week with no TV. I haven't caved and watched TV yet, but it is only Tuesday. I find the times I miss TV the most are when I'm getting ready in the morning and when I'm grading papers or working on the computer. I only sit and watch the TV for a few shows, but I usually have it on in the background in the evening, so no TV makes for a quiet house. Since I haven't been watching TV, I've found a few other things to occupy my time....This week is teacher appreciation week, I knew I wanted to do something for my teammates, so when I stumbled onto this idea, it was perfect. After a trip to Michael's (my new favorite store) and Hobby Lobby for supplies, and a night of crafting, here is the final product.


I plan on filling each box with some candy and leaving it on their desk. Hopefully this will accomplish #36 as well. (I'm trying to multi-task)

The one without a flower on top is for my male teammate, I didn't want to leave him out.
I can't take credit for these cute cake boxes, here is the website with the tutorial for how to make them, enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody, I am impressed, those are adorable. See you this weekend.
Love, Robyn

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are really cleaver! That would be fun to find sitting on your desk some morning!
Love, Mom

Kristin said...

A little late posting...just stumbled onto your blog, but thank you for the sweet gifts! I miss all of you at PRMS already. Hope the summer workshops have gone well. Enjoy the rest of your summer! :)