Monday, May 25, 2009

Deck Progress- the 3rd Weekend

Jim and Robyn decided to make another trip to Kansas to help us finish our deck. Tim and Jim started working on Friday, while I was finishing up my last day of school. I'm not sure which one was better, a day of wild kids or a day of manual labor.
We had perfect weather the entire weekend, except for Sunday, but even a little rain couldn't stop our deck building!Here is the final finished product, well almost.
We ended up being 3 deck boards short, 1 for the deck and 2 for the stairs. Plus we still need to finish screwing down all of the deck boards.
Our next project will be to find furniture and flowers to go on the deck.
We now have a caged animal, Daisy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that deck looks awesome and really dresses up the back of your house! I know where you could get some flowers or at least who could help with them! Mom

Sally said...

I'm so happy to see that a picture of Dad in "The Crusher" made the blog. That is a fashion statement that will probably become an internet sensation. The deck looks great!

Sally