Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snowy Day

Being the cheap, economical person that I am (or like to think I am), I'm always trying to find ways to make the most of my time and money.  This morning, I think I succeeded.  Since today was a "snow day" (not for our town, but for lots of the area) and I knew Leah and I wouldn't be leaving the house, I was trying to think of ways to entertain ourselves and do some cleaning that was on my to-do list.  My decision, a couch-cushion obstacle course.  Leah is in the stage where she loves to climb and stand on everything.  Since we don't have much in our house for her to climb on, I thought this would be perfect. Plus, it allowed me to get some much needed vacuuming done.
 I used two cushions and created a little tunnel for her to crawl through.  She wasn't as impressed with the tunnel as I thought she would be.  I think she enjoyed being able to climb on the couch now that it was at her level.


 Into the tunnel she goes!
 We also stayed in our pj, a little longer than normal in honor of the snow day.

I think the couch cushion obstacle course was a win all around, I had a worn out toddler, my couch cushions are clean, and Leah had a great time. 

2 comments:

Afton said...

Such a fun way to multi-task! Looks like that cutie pie had a good time!

Just Jana said...

What a great idea! I'm trying this one! (Minus the vacuuming probably...)