Saturday, January 21, 2012

Letters to Leah 15 Months

Happy 15 month birthday, Leah!
I can't believe you're 1 and 1/4 years old and I can't believe I waited this long to write a post about it.  You've changed so much since your birthday, even people at Christmas commented how much you'd changed since they saw you at your birthday.
Here are some of your recent happenings:
- I think you weigh around 22 pounds
- You wear size 4 diapers, size 18 month clothes, and size 4 or 5 shoe.
- You walk like a pro and even run at times.
- You can "jump" and like to climb the stairs.  You really like to climb on anything and everything, some of your favorite to climb on are the fire place, your chair and your rocking chair.
- You love to dance, your favorite songs to dance to are the fridge farm and anything by Laurie Berkner.
- You can waddle like a duck and roll on the floor.
- You love bath time and like to brush your teeth.  I don't think you really like brushing your teeth, but you like to climb onto your stool, stand at the sink, and look at yourself in the mirror.
- You are a good eater, you love pumpkin muffins, chicken nuggets, zucchini (surprised the heck out of me!), spaghetti, meatballs, and of course blueberries.
- You can say quite a few words, baby, dadda, mom, papa, balloon, bath, go (I'm sure more, I just can't think of them).  You can sign: all done, more, please, and drink, the most common is all done, we're still working on the others consistently.
- You usually sleep from 7pm to 7am and nap once a day.  Your naps are usually 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
- You go to Gaylene's (the babysitter) about 3 days a week and love going there and playing with Lilly.  You still haven't figured out napping there, which sometimes makes for long evenings.
- You love to carry your baby around and pretend to feed and rock her.
- You love to "read" books.  You like to bring me a book and back up and sit in my lap while I read it to you.
- You can follow simple directions and usually follow two-step directions. When I ask if you need your diaper changed or want to put your pjs on, you head straight for your room.
- You still sleep with Pursely.
- You have eight teeth, four on top and four on bottom.
- You love to play in your playroom and often get mad if you hear someone go downstairs without you.
- You know where your ears, belly, eyes, head, nose and toes are.
- You can moo like a cow, although it usually sounds more like a hum.  You also know what a dog and monkey say.  
- And lastly, you give the sweetest hugs and kisses.
The purple lines in the middle are Leah's artwork. :) 



2 comments:

Debbie said...

Grandma Debbie just loves to read all about you! What a sweet little girl!!!!

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

Love these pictures!