Last week, my friend, Krissondra, invited me to go strawberry picking with her, her son, and some friends. Picking strawberries was a new experience for me, and not only did I enjoy it, I was rewarded with a sweet treat after-wards. I didn't get any actual pictures of the picking, but here are a few pictures of my strawberries. I picked almost 2 pounds worth of strawberries and I was worried about eating them all by myself since Tim was out-of-town, but I had no trouble, they were delicious!

I loved how little and cute the strawberries were. These were three of my "perfect" berries.

Since I had some store-bought strawberries in the fridge, I thought I'd do a comparison. Can you tell which one is homegrown and which is store-bought?

No sugar needed for these sweet berries! Did I tell you they were good?

This was my sweet treat after an afternoon of volleyball camp!
I think strawberry season is over, but I hope to make this an annual event!
I had no idea such strawberry patches even existed, but it turns out they are more popular than I realize. While I was there, I picked up a map of more homegrown places and found a website, http://www.growinglawrence.org/. Thanks again, Krissondra for the invite!
3 comments:
I think blueberry season just started! I know there is a place around here somewhere that you can pick them.
How fun! I'm going to have to check out that website. I've never been before either!
You can come anytime! We are going blueberry picking when I get back to town. I'll call you so you can come with us!!
Post a Comment