Sunday, June 27, 2010

A "Vacation"

Tim has been traveling to Des Moines for work the last few weeks and last week I decided to tag along. I figured Des Moines had to be better than a week home by myself with nothing to do. While I was there, the teacher in me came out and I decided to visit the Iowa State Capitol.
Before I visited the Capitol, I did a little research and found out that it is the second prettiest capitol (I'm not sure what is the first).
Here is a little bit of what I saw...
Here is the front of the capitol, check out the gold dome! It was really pretty!
Here is a picture of the dome from the bottom floor. If you take a guided tour they let you climb to the top, I decided to stick with the first two floors.
Both of the people I talked to at the capitol told me not to miss the library, they were right! Check out the spiral staircase, they had one on each side.
The senate
This was the view of Downtown Des Moines from the steps of the Capitol.

I enjoyed my visit to the capitol, however, don't let this post fool you, I also spent plenty of time here...


This mall was wonderful! It had about every store a girl could need or want, if only I had an unlimited budget!
I also spent plenty of time here, it wasn't quite as nice as Jordan Creek, but was still nice.
I managed to entertain myself in Des Moines for the week and even found some great new back-to-school clothes.

1 comment:

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

WOW!!! That capitol is beautiful!!!! I'm a bit inspired to go visit it for myself. I wonder how excited my kids would be about that.

Would those new school clothes have a bit of a bump in the belly area?