Monday, May 10, 2010

A San Francisco Treat!

Tim and I headed to San Francisco to watch the Cardinals take on the Giants and to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We've always wanted to go to San Francisco, so when the Cardinals played the Giants on our anniversary weekend, it seemed too good to pass up! Here are a few of the sights we saw...
We rode the Cable Cars a lot! If you plan on visiting San Francisco, we'd recommend buying the 3 day transit pass, it costs $20 and covers the subway, cable cars, bus, and street cars. One ride on the cable car is $5 alone.
We took a walk through Chinatown. We also made the mistake of going to visit Japantown, it wasn't quite as exciting as Chinatown.
Walked down the "Crooked Street"

Watched the Cardinals take on the Giants at At&t Park.
At&t Park was pretty nice, it's no Busch Stadium, but I might be biased. I did love the ocean and sailboats in the outfield, but the concession stand and restroom areas were too crowded.
We also visited Alcatraz Island also known as "The Rock". It was also neat to hear the stories of people who tried to escape and the history of the prison.
Tim's anniversary present.
We ate some good seafood. Tim had swordfish and calamari, while I stuck with fish and chips. It all was delicious!
This may have been the highlight of my trip, a Ghirardelli hot fudge sundae! YUM!
On Sunday, we rented bikes and biked across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a pretty ride, but turned out to be a tougher ride than I expected, definitely more hills than Kansas! We rode from Fisherman's Wharf to Sausalito and then took the ferry from Sausalito back to San Francisco.
Tim taking a break from the bike ride to get some pictures.
After our bike ride, we stopped at In-N-Out Burger for a famous burger. We figured after the bike ride we had just taken and all the walking we did during the weekend we could afford it.

Last but not least, we took a ton of pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge, so here are a few of my favorites.
We took these two on our bike ride across the bridge.

2 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of your trip. I was just about to send you a note that we had been teased long enough since your last post. What are your plans for the your next trip? I am now living vicariously through your trips so please choose somewhere I haven't visited.
Mary Kay

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

Great pictures. I feel like I have been on a vacation. Thanks!