Friday, January 8, 2010

Cabin Fever

I'm starting to get some cabin fever after being cooped up in the house for 3 days. I did venture out to get some pictures and go to the grocery store.
Our street has been plowed a couple of times, but it's still snowy.
Our front porch, take note of the mound of snow on the right.
Anyone up for a deck party?
This is Daisy's normal spot, she's as thankful as I am for snow days. The snow days have given me a chance to get acquainted with my new crockpot. Thanks John and Stacia for the crockpot and recipe book. I've all ready tried two recipes, this is "Chow-Down Corn Chowder" and "Grandma's Chili" is in the crockpot, cooking away for tonight's dinner.
I also made these yummy brownie bites with a surprise inside :) Here is the recipe from Picky Palate.
My next projects are apple something (I can't decide between apple pie and apple crisp) and sewing something (still haven't decided on that either).
Stay Warm!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I know a certain father-in-law who would not be "picky" about those brownie bites at all. I checked out the recipe, they look tasty. I wish you had been snowed in at my house

Anonymous said...

Great looking food! Tim must be liking the new crockpot as well! What a great way to use up those left over Hershey's Kisses before I eat them! Any new sewing projects for the next Blog?

Debbie