Thursday, June 18, 2009

This Takes the Cake

A couple of weeks ago, I made a trip to Salina and with the help of my mom I accomplished #10 on my "To Do" list: Buy a sewing machine and learn to sew. Well, my mom actually purchased the sewing machine for me and provided the sewing lessons, I'm not sure what I'd do without her!

Here is my first project/ sewing lesson. While at my mom's house I completed this table runner. I'm hoping to have it completed by the 4th of July to put on my table, but we'll see if it gets finished or not. It still needs to be quilted and bound, two things I can't do on my own. Looks like I'll be making another trip to Salina to get it finished up. Here is my new-to-me sewing machine. According to my mom, it's a pretty simple machine, something to get me started and to learn on.

This is my workspace, I've set up shop in our guest bedroom in the basement. This keeps the mess out of sight and I can leave my sewing machine up all the time.
This is my second workspace. Tim's not too thrilled I've taken over his desk, but it's usually only temporary.

#53: Make a quilt- Done
This is the second project I've completed with my sewing machine. The title of this pattern is "This Takes the Cake", hence the blog title. It still needs to be quilted and bound as well, but the hard part of piecing is done.

1 comment:

Just Jana said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your skills! Good for you!