This past weekend when Jim and Robyn came to the Royals vs. Cardinals games, we were finally able to put the finishing touches on our deck.

We ended up being 3 boards short, so these were our stairs for three weeks. (Not the safest things)

After two different deliveries from Home Depot (they delivered the wrong thing), these are now our stairs.

Tim, Jim, and Dan also finished the railing.


A couple of weeks ago, I visited a couple of local greenhouses near Edgerton and bought some flowers for our deck. I think I picked the right time of year to go because both of the greenhouses were having sales, and I'm always up for a good bargain! Both of the green houses were pretty impressive and I'll definitely visit them again in the future.

These are the pots I found in Abilene for 50% off. I was tempted to go with red and blue, but stuck with more of a neutral color, thinking the flowers would add the color.

This is what the flowers started out looking like.

This is the final finished product. I'm not really sure about the blue flowers, for some reason they don't look like I pictured them looking. I'm also not sure how they'll do on the deck in the afternoon sun, but we'll call this a trial year and see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment