Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pinned It and Made It!

I've had a couple of really good Pinterest recipes lately, so I figured I'd share.
1. Crock Pot Picante Chicken and Black Bean soup- this recipe is from one of my new favorite cooking blogs, skinnytaste.com.  I've already made this twice in the last month, it's that good, it's also easy, dairy-free (for Leah) and gluten-free.  I pretty much made it exactly as it said, the only changes were that I added a 4 cups chicken broth and 3 cans of black beans because I wanted it a little thicker.  It is a little spicy but I added avocado and it cuts the heat a little, so good!

2. Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken-  This one was good too, I mean who doesn't love brown sugar and bacon? And as a bonus, it was pretty easy.  I made it just as the recipe indicated, although I didn't measure my spices and I don't think I got enough, so next time I'll measure.

3. Easy BBQ Chicken- I had some left over chicken breasts that I wanted to use up, so I tried this recipe.  It was just ok, nothing fancy and the chicken didn't have much flavor.  Next time I'll try something else.

4. M&M Cookie Bars- I had a bag of M&M's that I wanted to use up, so I thought I'd try this one.  Again, it was just okay, nothing special.  Tim isn't much for sweets and I didn't want to eat the entire pan, so I sent them to the Gamma Phi girls for a bake sale they were hosting.  This fulfilled my baking urge and hopefully made the Gamma Phi's some money, but next time I might try something else.

5. Easter Nest Sugar Cookies- I made these to take to the McClelland family Easter.  The cookies were good and I liked that the cookie was thicker that normal.  The recipe says to roll the cookies into balls before you bake them, I found that it worked best to flatten the balls right before baking, otherwise they were balls when they finished baking and were hard to frost.

6. Slowcooker Hawaiian Meatballs- This one sounded good, but didn't end up being great.  I think it was the meatballs I used, I'm not a big meatball fan, unless they're homemade.  I don't think I'll make it again.

7. Rainbow Canvas- Leah loves to paint and now even enjoys making hand prints, so we made this one afternoon.  I had a spare canvas, so I decided to use it and hang it in the new playroom.  It turned out cute, but I left off the pot of gold and I'm still trying to decide what to add in it's place.

8. Rainbow- I hosted a craft play date for Leah's playgroup and we made this.  It was simple enough to keep four toddler's attentions.  I had everything ready so they only had to glue, perfect for their skill level.   Along with making the rainbow, we also ate a Rainbow fruit snack and I gave Twizzler Rainbows as favors.  Not every play date is this involved, I just happened to be feeling creative for this one.

What have you pinned and made?







1 comment:

Leslie said...

Seriously, where do you get your energy? The only thing I've pinned and made is the Slow-cooker Hawaiian meatballs. We LOVED this dish. :) I'm so not a fan of frozen meatballs because I think they have an odd aftertaste but I found some Hawaiian chicken meatballs (Aidell's brand, I think) at Sam's. They were SO good in this recipe. :) My only problem with it was the sauce not being as thick as I wanted it to be. I'll work on it next time. Super fun ideas, Jody! :)