Friday, August 10, 2012

Zoo Day

My parents are in town this weekend and since the weather is so nice, we decided to hit up the zoo (along with the rest of the city of St. Louis.) We opted to avoid some of the crowds and ride the train and the carousel. I was a little disappointed in the train because we couldn't see very many animals from it, but it was nice to ride for a while and not have to fight the crowds.
Leah enjoyed the carousel the most and the trip to the zoo was worth is just for that.

 The first place we headed was the elephants, we were hoping to see the baby elephant, Kenzie like last time, but we only saw this one and one other one.
 Grandma Debbie (or GaDebbie, as Leah calls her) and Leah on the train
 Leah's first ride on the carousel.



This is when she figured out, "Hey, this is kinda fun!"




Leah, Papa Greg, and Grandma Debbie on the second ride.
We also ended up seeing the gorillas, monkeys, bears, and hippos. Next time we'll have to hit up the rest.
I'm so thankful for this cooler weather and I hope it stays around for awhile, I'd be okay with an early fall.

No comments: