I can't believe you'll be 2 in just two short months, where did the time go?!?
I feel like you're changing so much, it's hard to keep up with all the new things.
Here are a few:
- You still sleep from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm and take a 2-3 hour nap.
- You're a good eater. When we ask you what you want for dinner, your standard response is "chicken". You also think anything that comes on a hamburger bun is a hamburger.
- You like to pretend you're a snake and make the "sssss" sound to see my scared reaction.
- You also say "Hey ____!" repeatedly. Hey Mommy! Hey Mommy! or Hey Daddy! Hey Daddy!
- One of your new favorite phrases is "No way, Jose!" Tonight I asked you if you were ready to put your pjs on and you replied "No Way, Jose!" I just had to laugh!
- You love to read and can even "read" some of your books on your own.
- You can sing your ABC or the ABCD's like you call them. You also sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and recently "Happy Birthday". You like me to sing to you and often refer to the song by the entire first line, for example "Rock-a-bye Baby" is "Rock-a-bye baby treetop".
- You love for me to sing "You are My Sunshine" before bed and ask for "sunshine" every night. We do a lot of singing!
- Every time we get in the car you ask for your music and your favorite song is "5 Little Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed" or "Monkey Bed" to you.
- You've started playing more by yourself, which is so nice for me to be able to do a few, quick, little things. One of your new favorite things to do is to line your toys up, you usually line up your bath squirters (Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, penguin, whale, etc.)
- We've started playing a match game with the cards face-up and you can consistently get 3-5 matches on your own. You also like to line these cards up and can sometimes be quite particular if the cards don't cooperate.
- You like to watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" or "Mickey Mouse C-House" to you, and Dora. You think every movie is the Winnie-the-Pooh movie, we have watched Winnie-the-Pooh quite a few times.
- I think you're starting to figure out our "real names". I yelled "Hey Tim" down the stairs and now you yell "Hey Pim" down the stairs too.
- You don't like having your hands dirty. You often ask for a napkin at dinner time because your hands get dirty. We tried finger painting and it ended with you in tears because your hands were dirty, we'll keep trying, hopefully you'll learn messy hands can be fun!
Life with you is never dull! We love you more and more each day and I can't wait to see what you learn next!
Bringing me pizza from your kitchen.
Playing with the match game cards. I should add that I had nothing to do with the line-up.
I asked Leah to sit in her chair with Eeyore and this was her pose, nice! Not exactly what I had in mind.
1 comment:
Nice posts Jody. You do a fabulous job on our blog.
Post a Comment