Monday, October 3, 2011

October 2nd

Since our first trip to the zoo wasn't exactly what I would call enjoyable, I have been wanting to make a return trip.  I decided that since last Sunday was my birthday, and I got to pick how I wanted to spend the day, I decided on the zoo.  The weather was gorgeous and we could not have asked for a better day, quite the opposite of last time!  I love the St. Louis Zoo, not only is it free, it's very nice and well maintained.  I am hoping we can make it back one more time before it turns too cold. 
 This was as close as I got to a group shot, Jim, Robyn, Sally, Trent, and Debbie checking out the Hippos.
 Meet Kenzi
This is the zoo's newest attraction, a baby elephant.  Kenzi is three months old and just made her zoo debut a few weeks ago.  Seeing her was well worth the trip.  

 I included this picture to show how little she looks, but little she isn't, she weighs 400 pounds!
 Trent and Robyn on the carousel
 Leah and I stopped for some pictures

 After the zoo we headed home for lunch and to change into our Cardinal clothes.



 Leah's hair is finally getting long enough for bows.  I was able to distract her long enough to get some pictures of her with a bow in her hair. 
What a wonderful day!  Turns out turning 30 isn't so bad, if everyday is like Sunday.  
The Cardinals even gave me a nice gift in the form of a post-season win!

1 comment:

Afton said...

LOVE the picture of you and Leah in front of the flowers! Pretty girls! I'm planning a trip to St. Louis in the Spring/Summer next year. I can't wait to visit the zoo! I keep hearing such great things about it.

P.S. I'm diggin' the new blog look! :)