Since I am now an official resident of Illinois, I only thought it was fitting that Leah and I should celebrate Casimir Pulaski Day. I'm sure right about now you're scratching your head and wondering, "Who in the world is Casimir Pulaski?" I asked the same thing and after some help from my friend Google, I figured out he is a Polish War hero who helped the American Army during the Revolutionary War. While I'm not exactly sure why Illinois celebrates his birth as a holiday, I think it has something to do with the large polish population in Chicago, regardless I just think the kids are enjoying the day off of school.
Anyway, here is how Leah and I spent our "day off":
Leah spent some time playing in her exersaucer.
She always wakes up so happy from her naps.
While Leah spent her time napping, I spent my time with the Pioneer Woman and Marlbolo Man.
Happy Casimir Pulaski Day!

2 comments:
Jody, How did you get the music to play in the background? I must add that to my blog, too.
Leah has changed a bit in the last week. Her face is getting fuller, I guess that means she is no longer an infant! I absolutely love the close up photo of her sleeping with the swaddling.
Auntie Mary Kay
Hi Jody! Thanks for commenting - I know exactly who you are and I'm glad to have found your blog too! I was just reading about Casimir Pulaski day and am sorta jealous you got to celebrate. I love random holidays.
Post a Comment