Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Winner, Winner!

I've been on a little lucky streak lately.
Our first stop at every Cardinal game is usually guest relations to sign up to be a designated driver. When you sign up to be a designated driver, you fill out your name, address, etc, and they give you a coupon for a free soda. The coupon for the free soda is the only reason we sign up, it usually saves us about $9 each game. Around the 5th or 6th inning the people at guest relations pick one person to be the Budweiser Good Sport of the game, they announce the name and put it up on the scoreboard. We really don't pay much attention to it (we've already won with our free sodas), but last weekend whose name appeared on the scoreboard, MINE, we couldn't believe it! So, after the game we headed to guest relations to claim my prize, I was thinking a cheap Budweiser t-shirt or a key chain, but instead got this really nice Cardinals polo.

This weekend the Cardinals came to town to take on the Royals and guess where our first stop was, yep Guest Relations to get our free soda coupon. And guess who was chosen as the Budweiser Good Sport of the game again, yep ME!

Here are my winnings, a Royals and a Cardinals polo. The Cardinal polo has already be given to Tim (I'm not sure it was ever even mine to begin with) and I'm not sure where they Royals polo will end up. Tim offered to keep it, but I'm not sure it matches the red in his wardrobe (not to mention he told me he'd never be caught dead in any Royals gear).
We're headed to another Cardinals game this weekend, so we'll see if my lucky streak can continue, if it does you might find me at the casinos after the game!

2 comments:

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

way to go Jody!!!! I don't exactly follow baseball but I am thinking the Royals stole a few from the Cards? Am I right?

Mary Kay said...

Jody,
You Rock! I think this is the world telling you to become a Royals fan. You should try it for a few games, you never know you just might like it. Take care and go Royals. I always thought you looked good in blue.
Auntie MK