I did it! On Wednesday, I passed a major milestone, 100 miles of running! Since October 14th, I've logged 101 miles with my trusty ipod and nike running sensor. So far I've completed 37 workouts with an average pace of 10:44 per mile. Hopefully the next 100 miles will come a little faster as my runs get longer and longer. Overall, I've been very impressed with my $30 Nike sensor and little ipod nano, it provides great motivation to hear the little voice in my ear telling me how far I've run and how far I have left to go. It's also an added bonus to hear Lance Armstrong at the end of each of my longest runs. The Nike sensor also has a website that goes with it that allows me to keep a log of my runs and complete in training programs and challenges. Thanks to Tim and my mom for wonderful birthday presents!
Here is a picture of the certificate I got from Nike for completing my first 100 miles.
3 comments:
Way to go Jody. I bet that feels wonderful.
Kelly T.
Way to go Jody!! It is because of yours that I wanted one. You are right it is a great motivator.
Dan
Jody, I am so proud of you. Because I can't let you and Tim get too far ahead of me, I am going to get one, too. It won't be for running, it will be for walking. I am not going to tell Nancy because she wants us to be frugal during this down turn in the economy. Shhhhh! By the way, do you have a 'special agent' shoe phone yet?
Aunt Mary Kay
Post a Comment