Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Happenings

We've had a busy last few weeks/ weekends. Here is a quick recap of some of the things we've been up to...

1. My mom, Robyn, Jeri, and I went to see George and Reba at the Sprint Center. The pictures aren't great, but it's hard to get a good picture when you're that far away from them. The concert was long, but full of great music.

Reba and Leann Womack

Can't beat George Strait!

2. Tim attended the Cardinal's Opening Day

I can't wait to see this place in person! Bring on baseball season.

3. I attended the dedication of the New Leadership Studies Building in Manhattan. I can't tell you how impressed I am with their new building. The Leadership Studies program has come a long way, when I was in college I remember meeting at the little house on Manhattan Ave for class and ambassador meetings.
Here is Mary Kay by her new office at the Leadership Studies Building
Mary Kay should be glad the building was built in 2010 instead of anytime from 2000 to 2004, with such a nice building and a Radina's coffee shop in the lobby, I just might have taken up residence in her office.
Garrett is famous! Mary Kay took this picture of Garrett and his dad, Joey, and it now hangs in the new Leadership Studies building. What a neat picture!
Garrett, Mary Kay, and Grandma in front of Garrett's picture
My mom is also famous! She created this quilt for Mary Kay's new office.
For more info on the New Leadership Building head over to Mary Kay's Blog.

4. We spent some time this past weekend updating our landscaping. We had two plants that died and needed replaced and we put mulch around our landscaping.
This is our new azalea plant.
We also planted some tulips last fall, I can't believe how pretty they turned out.
Our new burning bush and more tulips. Hopefully we can keep these plants alive!

5. Playing with Daisy- with the nice weather, we've been taking Daisy on some walks (with her new Cardinals leash) and just spending time outside enjoying the weather.

Looks like Daisy needs a few more walks to get back in shape!

Sometimes you've got to stop and smell the flowers!
Welcome Spring!

No comments: