Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cardinal Wordle


In honor of the Cardinals making it to the play-off and in hopes of giving them some good luck as they play the Dodgers in St. Louis, I made them a Wordle.

One of our district technology specialists showed us how to use Wordle a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the chance to play around with it. It's a neat website you can use to create word pictures. You just copy and paste any text you want to the website and it creates a picture using the words. The words that are used the most turn out the biggest. I used it at a writing project for my 5th graders and they loved it.

Aside from watching the Cardinals in the play-offs, not much is new with us. My volleyball season ended on Monday, I won't tell you exactly how many we games we won or lost, but just that my team improved a lot and we had lots of fun. I loved coaching, but it is sure nice to have the afternoon back to work in my classroom. I feel like I'm finally starting to get caught back up.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Glad to have you back in the "blog" world. Hope your "wordle" brings the Cardinals a win.

Mary Kay said...

I agree with Robyn, glad to have you blogging again. Thanks for sharing wordle, I will definitely try it.

Sally said...

Please don't make a wordle using Tim's most used words regarding the Cardinals from this past week. I'm sure that they will not be fit for public viewing. Silly Cardinals, what a let down.